SEO Super Comments

The whole concept behind the plugin is presented in Presenting SEO Super Comments Concept which I suggest reading.

For each user comment we will create a new dynamic page on the blog, holding the actual comment information. This page will not actually exist in WordPress database, but we will create it dynamically using a WordPress plugin.

What we instantly get in this way is big jump in site's index visible to search engines. This is possible because blog comments are crawl-able, index-able and most importantly rank-able content. Also meaning you will start to get search engine traffic for the context of the comment.

The old author link in the comments will now lead to the newly generated page. Author's URL will still be displayed (and we can do-follow it now as it will be only one external link on the page).

The concept relies around optimizing the target page using title and H1 tag using the context of the comment. So basically we will take the excerpt of the comment and use it to create the page title and H1 tag and in the body we will old the content of the comment (plus some more goodies, read on).

Since now all comments normally drain page rank even when nofollowed (bad for your site) the whole idea of using them to generate links back to your site instead and get free indexable content along the way, looks just much more appealing.

To spice things up, the dynamic comment page concept additionally features:

• List of author's other comments on the post are presented (good value for the visitor, more content)
  • List of author's other comments on the blog (even more content, chance to interlink to your other posts, more value to the visitor)
  • Author url links are do-followed (option, but why not?)
  • Extra few clicks generated will increase your pageviews, lower the bounce rate and increase any CPM advertising revenue
  • I have also created a mod for hugely popular XML sitemaps plugin to include all the new dynamic comment pages into your sitemap, so that the search engines can index the pages more quickly. Download the modified files here and replace them in the plugin folder (works for plugin version 3.1.2, experts only!)

seo-super-comments

4. That is all. You can check your posts for new links.

New from version 0.6

I added the option to specify 'friendly' websites that have their links intact, and also dofollowed.

This adds you the possibility to send some of your high ranking page PR juice to a friendly site.

Disclaimer

The concept behind SEO Super Comments is experimental. You are using the plugin on your own responsibility.

Need  WordPress SEO Expert? Feel free to contact me.

1. Ted
    Jul 17th, 2009 7:27 PM

This looks great, just testing it out

2. Jul 17th, 2009 7:24 PM

I like the fact that it pulls up all "Tim's" as it generates more content because there is a higher chance that 5 Tim's may comment once instead of 1 Tim commenting 5 times. :)

3. Jul 17th, 2009 7:10 PM

@Tim matching by email incorporated in 0.3.2

Awaiting further feedback

4. Jul 17th, 2009 7:05 PM

I was testing the version 0.3.1 in other website and run perfect!.

¿If i use a plugin for pagination of comments, and a htaccess with "disable something" for duplicate content, this is bad for the plugin Seo super comments?

5. Jul 17th, 2009 6:55 PM

@Bamarlay Those are fascinating results, anyone else able to confirm increase in page loading speed?

6. Jul 17th, 2009 6:48 PM

Sounds like it is time to work the the developer of XML sitemap generator! :)

7. Jul 17th, 2009 6:15 PM

Sitemap support is a patch for the XML sitemap plugin. Unfortunately that means updating it every time the XML plugin is updated. Hmm..

8. Jul 17th, 2009 5:28 PM

i think the sitemap builder support will follow soon.. :-)

finaly got it working on all blogs.

9. Jul 17th, 2009 5:20 PM

The notes says that it works with the XML Sitemap Plugin.

I installed and re-built the Sitemap Plugin but it doesn't show any of the new dynamic comment pages.

10. Jul 17th, 2009 5:15 PM

Finally I "get it".... you have to click on the author name to see the generated page... d-oh!

11. Jul 17th, 2009 4:16 PM

I installed in on my website Today in Myanmar. It works instantly without any problem. However, what I was worried was that this plugin might overload the CPU and slow down the loading of web pages. So I tested the CPU load time with or without the plugin. Each time, I clear the WP-super cache files to make sure that the server is not reloading the old cached files. I was really surprised by the result. The loading of the pages are even a fraction of seconds faster, especially on pages with many comments! This is so strange. I am not sure whether it is anything to do with the plug in but I tried it several times, and it seems this plug in does not have extra load on the CPU.

I then tested it on another blog at Myanmar Man's Diary. This time, it was more amazing. All the pages load even faster than the previous one. On one page, without this plug in , it loads in around 5 seconds (the page has 16 comments on it). With this plugin enabled, it loads in 2.2 seconds. The home page loads 0.5 second faster. It is amazing. Does any one has the same thing like me? I want to know.

Thank you Vladimir for this amazing plug-in.

12. Jul 17th, 2009 3:39 PM

This is a great idea, i was testing the version 0.3.1, but doesn't work for me.

13. Tim
    Jul 17th, 2009 3:11 PM

If I can add a suggestion. It appears that the additional "recent comments" listed on the pages generated are based on the commentator's name. It may be a good idea to base it on email address. For example on this page (http://prelovac.com/vladimir//wordpress-plugins/seo-super-comments?cid=14030) it shows my comment about the "SEO Super Comments" plugin, and list recent comments from other people named Tim that are not me. This may not be an issue for what we are using it for, but visitors would probably like it if only their comments showed on "their" page.

Thanks for your work.

14. Jul 17th, 2009 3:10 PM

Works great, thank you

15. Jul 17th, 2009 2:28 PM

OH! It is.... I see how it works now! :) pretty sweet.... So is it cacheable?

16. Jul 17th, 2009 2:25 PM

Awesome idea. why is it not implemented on this site? :) Further.. how does it interact with wp-supercache? Is this cacheabel content?

17. Jul 17th, 2009 12:40 PM

May be expressing my SEO ingorance, but wouldn't google see this as duplicate content?

18. Jul 17th, 2009 10:02 AM

Doesn't work on my modified Kubrick under 2.7...
    Disabled all plugins except this one, no changes.

19. Jul 17th, 2009 5:33 AM

its working on one blog and its not working on another blog. both blogs are 2.8.1 - could it be theme related (?)

20. Jul 17th, 2009 5:28 AM

I was testing the version 0.3, but doesn't work too.

My permalink is: /%postname%
    My htaccess has:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

My WP Version is: 2.8.1

Thank you.

21. Jul 16th, 2009 11:48 PM

I addressed some of the concerns in the 0.3 version.

22. Jul 16th, 2009 11:36 PM

Thank you for your idea, but your plugin doesn't work.

23. Tim
    Jul 16th, 2009 10:56 PM

Great idea!! I tried it out, and I think it works great. I would like a way to remove the commenter's website from the post. Some are long and don't work well in many of the templates I'm using.

24. Jul 16th, 2009 10:35 PM

ok.. i'm gonna try cause the article impressed me. Wanna try : )

25. Jul 16th, 2009 9:03 PM

Just installed and enabled. Issues so far:

- no way to easily style "Comment posted on...", maybe add some class to it?
    - that note also creates p tags mismatch, extra closing one
    - line breaks in the start of comment get into title attribute in h1 link, validator complains
    - h1 links to category, not post. is this correct?