Best New WordPress Plugins

Update: The updated, full-featured list will from now on be available at ManageWP.org.

The extend page for plugins on WordPress.org features the most popular, highly rated, recently updated and new plugins.

But one thing missing is rising stars - plugins that are not yet quite so popular but are rapidly becoming so based on current downloads and ratings. These plugins would normally get no exposure and I decided to change that.

I will update the list every week on Monday so make sure you check come back for changes and newcomers. Interested in themes? Check Best new WordPress themes list, also updates every Monday.

The list is available in form of a WordPress plugin WP Quick Deploy, which also allows you to install any plugin from the list with just one click.

Best New Plugins

This list contains plugins downloaded between 10,000 and 100,000 times total, sorted by last week's popularity.

Last updated: December 10th, 2018

16Stackable – Gutenberg BlocksGambit Technologies, Inc109
17Multiple Columns for Gravity FormsWebHolism104
18Disable XML-RPCLittleBizzy102
19Appointment Hour Booking – WordPress Booking PluginCodePeople101
20SmartCrawl SEOWPMU DEV98

Upcoming Stars

These are newer plugins that show good potential and are on their way to the Best New plugins category.

This list contains plugins downloaded between 1,000 and 10,000 times total, sorted by last week's popularity.

NumPluginAuthorScore
1Block Gallery – Photo Gallery Gutenberg BlocksRich Tabor404
2Gutenberg Blocks by WordPress Download ManagerWordPress Download Manager265
3Gold Addons for ElementorGoldAddons264
4HootKitwphoot264
5Divi Supreme ModulesSupreme Modules255
6SEMrush SEO Writing AssistantSEMrush238
7Boxtal Connect – The shipping solution for WooCommerceAPI Boxtal229
8OSE Free SSLOpen Source Excellence226
9AMP WP – Google AMP For WordPressPixelative, Mohsin Rafique225
10WebPace Portfolio Photo Gallery – Responsive Image Gallery WordPress PluginWebPace203
11Perelink ProMike190
12Post Expiration DateHuguette Inc.186
13GhostKit – Gutenberg Blocks CollectionnK183
14Auto Approve CommentsFederico Andrioli183
15FileBird – WordPress Media Library FoldersNinja Team182
16Christmas GreetingsTechnocrackers181
17Image optimization service by OptimoleOptimole180
18BP Profile Shortcodes ExtraVenutius178
19Organic Profile BlockOrganic Themes173
20Editor Blocks for Gutenbergeditorblocks170

1. Mar 20th, 2014 6:46 AM

Thanks Vladimir for the list. I'm the author of WP Pipes plugin at http://wpbriz.com/pipes.

I would like to ask how you monitor these such information?

2. John
    Mar 4th, 2014 4:48 PM

Hy guys,

I want recommend this plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/audio-comments/

sorry for spam

3. Dec 11th, 2013 4:29 PM

Hello Vladimir,

Thanks for this page, i use it often now. Sometimes i tried to translate some news plugins, to help the WordPress community !

Thanks again

4. Nov 5th, 2013 8:57 PM

WOW! Nice list. Now I know what to looking for to my wordpress website. Many thanks

5. Nov 5th, 2013 8:56 PM

WOW! Nice list, I like that. Now I know what to looking for for my wordpress website. Many Thanks.

6. Eli Scheetz
    Mar 22nd, 2013 8:46 PM

I cannot unsubscribe to your comment notices!

When I click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any notice I get this error:
    You may not access this page without a valid key.

I thought you would want to fix this, but if not, please at least remove me from the list.

7. Leslie
    Mar 22nd, 2013 4:06 PM

Wonderful list! Thank you for sharing ... love your "Goal" :-)

8. Mar 6th, 2013 4:05 PM

I’d need to check with you here. Which is not one thing I normally do! I get pleasure from studying a put up that will make people think. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to comment!

9. Feb 26th, 2013 9:22 AM

Wow, cool! :) Thanks for this rating!

10. Feb 25th, 2013 6:02 AM

This is very help full for me to create my blog

11. Feb 9th, 2013 9:33 AM

Great plugins .. i like fresh ideas for SEO.

I use Squirrly SEO Plugin ... I use it on my Samsung Tab II and works smoothly. Definitely recommend.

12. Andrew
    Feb 4th, 2013 3:06 PM

A really helpful list of WP plugins and I will be checking these out soon. You should also check out the GroupDocs annotation plugin for WP as well. I have found it quite useful for my blog as I annotate my files quickly using this app. Check details here:

13. Nov 27th, 2012 6:52 PM

This is really one of the best lists of latest plugins category. Thank you very much for sharing to us.

14. Nov 18th, 2012 2:36 PM

really helpful article my friend, all above plugins are good to start of website in wordpress. thank's buddy

15. Nov 10th, 2012 7:42 PM

I am the creator of the Anti-Malware Plugin that shows up on your Best New Plugins list. I was wondering how you compile your data for this report. Specifically, where does the Popularity/Score number come from?

I only found your site because it had my name on it but now I'm checking out your plugins and I just have to say I like what I'm seeing. I am very interested in Plugin Central. Is it capable of installing plugins without giving WordPress my FTP credentials?

Thanks for your time in all that your do here!

• Nov 10th, 2012 7:47 PM

Hi Eli

I devised an algorithm taking into accounts downloads, ratings, comments...

Yes Plugin central can do that (as well as ManageWP.com)

• Nov 10th, 2012 8:46 PM

Cool, thanks for the quick reply.

I just installed your Plugin Central 2.4.4 on my personal blog running WP 3.3 but when I try the Easy plugin Installation it fails and says "To perform the requested action, WordPress needs to access your web server. Please enter your FTP credentials to proceed. If you do not remember your credentials, you should contact your web host."

How can I get it to install without entering my FTP credentials?

• Nov 10th, 2012 9:11 PM

Make sure WordPress has necessary write permissions to write to your server.

16. RS Publishing
    Nov 7th, 2012 12:36 AM

Wow! SUPER list you have here Mr. Prelovac,

Feels good to have our plugin made your list of upcoming stars :)

Cheers,

R

17. Oct 22nd, 2012 8:36 AM

You have collected good plugins list for social media with WordPress.

18. Foreman
    Oct 17th, 2012 5:53 PM

You might want to remove the Youtube plugin link. Doesn't exist.

19. Oct 3rd, 2012 9:25 AM

Awesome list of plugins...!!! Feel like flying..!!! Happy to see my name in Upcoming Stars list.

20. Oct 2nd, 2012 11:03 PM

thank you so much for this great informative article..

21. Jun 29th, 2012 2:27 AM

It looks very promising but many good plugins aren't listed on wordpress repository :/

22. Jun 21st, 2012 11:13 AM

Awesome list! Thank you very much. WP-AutoSharePost rocks!

23. Apr 6th, 2012 7:35 AM

Thank you for supplying this list and the themes list. Now I have a go to place to check the latest and greatest.

24. Andrew M.
    Mar 29th, 2012 8:58 AM

My vote goes to the Comment SPAM Wiper plugin. It helped me get rid of that nagging comment SPAMs.

25. Feb 17th, 2012 6:27 PM