SEO Friendly Images

The free version of the plugin is not supported. Get the supported, premium version of SEO Friendly Images with lots of premium only features!

SEO Friendly Images is a WordPress optimization plugin which automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes. If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, SEO Friendly Images will add them according the options you set. Additionally this makes the post W3C/xHTML valid as well.

ALT attribute is important part of search engine optimization. It describes your image to search engine and when a user searches for a certain image this is a key determining factor for a match.

TITLE attribute play lesser role but is important for visitors as this text will automatically appear in the tooltip when mouse is over the image.

3. Use the Options page to modify ALT and TITLE options.
  4. You are done, SEO Image does everything else

SEO Friendly Images options recognize two tags %title (post title) and %name (filename of the picture). By combining these two tags and additional words (photo, picture etc..) you can create relevant alt and title tags automatically for all images.

Here is a live example of the plugin (active on my blog). The image that has title and alt replaced with "%title" and "%name %title" respectively resulting in "SEO Friendly Image" for title and "example SEO Friendly Images" for alt.

example.jpg

There is one additional option called 'Override default WordPress alt'. If you uploaded pictures to your blog posts already and haven't specified a description WordPress would automatically add a default alt tag in form of image.jpg. Since SEO Friendly Images replaces only empty or non-existing alt tags, this would be left intact unless this option is turned on.

Changelog

v2.4: Regexp Optimization. Fixed bug with single quotes used in images.

v2.3.2: WP 2.7 cleanup

v2.3: Fixes an issue with poorly formatted img tag

v2.0: Fixed compatibility issue with WordPress 2.5.1 and included %category replacement string.

May 20th, 2008 v1.20

* Compatibility with WordPress 2.5.1 and support for %category.

Mar 6st, 2008 v1.1

* Bug fix with quotes in titles

Mar 1st, 2008 v1.0
* Initial release

Visit my other interesting WordPress Plugins.

Need help with WordPress SEO? Feel free to contact me.

1. May 1st, 2012 5:16 PM

i really liked the topics you post here. thanks for sharing this information that is so helpful for us. good

2. Apr 9th, 2012 11:44 AM

Isn't there already an option to add alt tags in WP ?

• May 2nd, 2012 4:36 AM

LOL! The ability is there to add image title/alt tags in the media library, but what if a person didn't apply these? What you have is a filename for a title tag (which you see when you hover over the image) and nothing for the alt tag. Now, let's say you have tons of images. Do people really spend time going back trough every image in the WP media library to update the title/alt tags? Not typically. That's the problem that this plugin solves. :-)

3. Apr 6th, 2012 1:34 PM

let me try this out as i have some images on my sites without the alt tag

4. Apr 1st, 2012 8:23 PM

Released the premium version today with lots of new features and improvements! http://www.prelovac.com/products/seo-friendly-images/

5. mohsen
    Mar 31st, 2012 2:46 PM

Hello
    I used this plugin for a non-English language
    The title works correctly , I used %category for Alt , but it's completely mixed up. It shows weird characters instead of category in my language for alt
    any idea?

6. Mar 30th, 2012 9:09 AM

Im having difficulties changing my old images titles , I just want to replace the title with its post name , and the same for the alt but adding the word image. What should be the code for each one ? Can anyone please help me

7. Mar 26th, 2012 7:59 PM

Yeah it is a good tool but how to use it i check some videos but im enable to use this..

8. Mar 25th, 2012 6:26 PM

Hi there! Thanks for the plugin, I love it :)

I was wondering though if you would be willing to add the capability to override the image class setting as well. I am not a coder and would feel out of my league if I were to try to modify your code so I thought I would ask.

9. Mar 22nd, 2012 7:44 AM

how to using this, where i have to upload?

10. Mar 20th, 2012 8:07 AM

thank you Mr. Vladimir for this amazing plugin,
    your plugin (seo friendly image) work like a charm on normal wp instalation,
    but nothing happen on gallery site powered by wordpress that didnt fetch the_content to show the image.

i think it can be done by hack this line
    add_filter('the_content', 'seo_friendly_images', 100);

but i cant figured it out, hope you or someone can help me :)
    thanks

11. Mar 9th, 2012 9:30 AM

doesn't work on my as well. there is long thread on wordpress forum about it . please help.

12. Mar 6th, 2012 12:45 AM

I've just installed this plug-in but nothing works. Please help.

13. Feb 19th, 2012 4:01 PM

I am using all the details in every images I post on my blogs but since 6 months. But I need to optimize the older images mostly 1 year old images on my technology blog. I hope this plugin will help me to save precious time of manually entering the ALT and TITLE tags automatically. Thanks for the Plugin, however, I also use your SEO Smart Links Plugin, which also saved my time. I am considering on the Premium version of the Seo Smart Link Plugin, Thanks for your Work on WordPress platforms.

14. Feb 18th, 2012 7:28 PM

I like the idea of adding the attributes to all images that don't have one or more of those settings, but why only override? Why not have the option to just "use this plugin only to add missing attributes"?

• tomojreh
      May 21st, 2012 8:23 AM

A lot of people, including me, having trouble with this since long2 time ago. Unfortunately, Vladimir support only available for premium version user. Pity you.

15. EjoggerStroller
    Feb 13th, 2012 5:05 PM

It's great plugin, I think! we must use it for SEO

16. Feb 12th, 2012 12:03 AM

I have been experimenting with this plugin, and looking for images that I did not have with alt tags, I ended up finding a few, doing some image optimization, and new alt tags including a prime keyword and voila, better page loads and more SEO. I am in a very competitive market for Real Estate and it is tough to rank for the top keywords. In a smaller city there are not very many longtail keywords that are effective, so the top 10 are battling it out for the top three keyword phrases. But making steady progress. Check it out at Bend Oregon Real Estate

Thank you for the great plugin!

17. Feb 10th, 2012 3:53 PM

Probably one of the best plugin ever ! Thanks

18. Feb 9th, 2012 5:42 AM

Thanks , another great SEO plugin to install, a must have!

19. Feb 9th, 2012 5:40 AM

I think its a great tool and i am goinf to upload it soon

20. Feb 5th, 2012 12:22 AM

De web is nic 4evry 1if people can only notic

21. Feb 2nd, 2012 1:27 PM

This site is very nice for us .. Here we can true homage to our ancestors and late loved one's , we can also Immortalize their name & memories.

22. Jan 21st, 2012 7:44 PM

I was hoping it would evaluate all the images on my site, not just create tags for images in blog posts.
    Any chance of creating another plugin that would do that? However, I like the plugin for what it does, perhaps clarify what it does and does not do, in your description of the plugin. Hello and thank you from Bryan http://1hotproperty.com/bendoregonrealestate.

23. Jan 20th, 2012 4:14 AM

Falta actualizar el Changelog. Acá muestra el v2.4 y vamos en el 2.6.5

24. Jan 15th, 2012 4:25 PM

Hi!
    Your plugin it is simple and useful WordPress tool and a great job! I just updated this plugin and I'm having the same small issue on the back-end.. There is the footer line and also the default text of WordPress that says: "Thank you for creating with WordPress" .. that they stay at the middle of the page settings. I hope you will fix soon also this small issue.
    Many Thanks!

25. Anvy.Zhang
    Jan 15th, 2012 4:12 PM

SORRY,I have some questions .
    the seo-friendly-images is very good ,but have no title and alt tags in image page.
    for example http://x-brands.com/jubilee-auditorium-wayfinding-signage/jubilee-auditorium-wayfinding-signage-9/

can you add this one?