SEO Smart Links

Support SEO Smart Links by buying the Premium version!  SEO Smart Links Premium is faster, with bug fixes and over 20 new features. What is new?

SEO Smart Links can automatically link keywords and phrases in your posts and comments with corresponding posts, pages, categories and tags on your blog.

Further SEO Smart links allows you to set up your own keywords and set of matching URLs.

Finally SEO Smart links allows you to set nofollow attribute and open links in new window.

Everything happens completely transparent, and you can edit the options from the administration settings panel.

How it Works?

SEO Smart Links looks for keyword phrases that match the titles of your posts and pages by default (and you can enable categories and tags matching too). These phrases are then turned into the links. The matching is case insensitive and the original case is preserved.

So If I mention Amazing Grace, which is my theme and also the title of one of my pages, it will be automatically converted into a link.

Features:

• Find keywords in your posts, pages and comments and link them to your other posts, pages, categories and tags
  • Full control with customizable options
  • Ignore list for keywords you do not want to link
  • Improves your site's interlinking
  • Control external links with custom keywords
  • Add nofollw attribute or open links in new window
  • Caching for speed - make sure you have define('ENABLE_CACHE', true); set in your wp-config.php

4. That is all. You can check your posts for new links.

Frequently Asked Questions

You can discuss all plugin related issues in the wordpress related forums.

How do I correctly use this plugin?

Just install activate it on your blog. SEO Smart links will be default find matching links to your post and pages (if the keyword in your text matches their title).

Default options are enough to get you going. If you want to tweak it, you can always edit the options. Be sure to check "ignore" options where you can state what keywords and phrases not to link.

How do I enable SEO Smart Links cache?

Make sure you have enabled WordPress cache by adding this line to your wp-config.php

define('ENABLE_CACHE', true);

Please be careful when editing this file and always make a backup!

Changelog

- Performance optimization and new option to link to cats and tags with used at least n times (thanks Domink Deobald!)

- Added the option for case sensitive matching

- Various improvements and bug fixes

v1.8.0
- Added support for non-english characters (Unicode)
- Added support for keyword synonyms (in keywords section of the settings screen)

- Performance optimization of the plugin. SEO Smart Links causes much lesser strain on the server.

- Added option to process only single posts and pages

- Added nofollow and new window options

- Added option for custom keywrods. No you can specify unlimited numbers of your keywords and url's to link to

v1.3:
- Enabled caching for speeding queries up.

v1.2:
- Added limits options
- Fixed small bugs

Credits

1. A chap called Paolo Faustino translated the plugin to Portugese
  2. Thanks to Chris from http://www.munchweb.com

Need help with  WordPress SEO? Feel free to contact me.

1. derya
    Jul 27th, 2012 10:43 AM

Hi! I am using it on my webpage: http://www.turkeytravelonline.com
    The linking for the keys that I wrote in the settings page are ok. They are linked with the relevant links. But sometimes, some keys or phrases simply do not link. I dont know the reason but it's lots of work to go edit the words one by one in every page. So this is a problem...

2. Jul 25th, 2012 1:58 PM

Good post!!! thank you for this tool, very nice tool.
    grettings.

3. Jul 23rd, 2012 11:33 PM

This is a great plugin and I definitely recommend downloading and using it.

4. laura
    Jul 10th, 2012 2:27 PM

can i use this plugin on a hebrew site?

5. Jun 28th, 2012 11:50 AM

I'm testing adding WP-eCommerce to my art gallery dev site which has always run with SEO Smart Links.

It appears that using Smart links and WPEC together causes a corruption of the html for the h3 class product-name. Instead of the class being defined as class="product-name" with SEO Smart Lnks installed it becomes class="\"product-name\"". This occurs with multiple theme (including Twenty Ten).

Adding 'products-page' to the Smart Links exclude pages circumvents the problem.

There's a screen shot showing the effect of the problem and a more verbose description over at http://wpbugs.com/2012/06/seo-smart-links-corrupts-html/.

6. Peter Osterlund
    May 23rd, 2012 4:34 AM

Insofar as I can tell, this plugin does absolutely nothing.

• Jun 28th, 2012 12:01 PM

Hi Peter,
      On my website it embeds intersite links into my posts automatically. That typically happens when I put a keyword in a post that matches a category name (which are also keywords).

For example, if you look at the post http://japaneseartsgallery.com/2012/05/takeji-asano-spring-in-daigoji-temple/ the two links in the first sentence were created by Smart Links. The words 'Takeji Asano' and 'gallery' in the post match category names so Smart Links linked them for me. If I deactive the plugin those links disappear from the post.

I've never configured any settings for the plugin I've just let it do its own thing.
      Regards.

7. Rodrigo
    May 15th, 2012 2:23 PM

I needed a new feature: ignoring posts/pages from certain tags.

Here comes the modifications I did, in case you consider to include them in your plugin:

71a72,79
    > $arrignoretags = $this->explode_trim(",", ($options['ignoretags']));
    > if ($post_tags = get_the_tags()) {
    > foreach ($post_tags as $pt) {
    > if (in_array($pt->slug, $arrignoretags))
    > return $text;
    > }
    > }
    367a376
    > 'ignoretags' => '',
    435a445
    > $options['ignoretags']=$_POST['ignoretags'];
    472a483
    > $ignoretags=$options['ignoretags'];
    555a567,571
    > Ignore Tags
    > You may wish to forbid automatic linking on posts or pages with certain tags (for example paid posts). Seperate them by comma. (id, slug or name)

• Rodrigo
      May 17th, 2012 12:50 PM

I've seen today that my requested feature is already included in the PRO version.

Sorry for my previous comment then.

Rodrigo