Blue Grace

Blue Grace is a lightweight, super-optimized free blog theme packed with features. It uses 3 column layout for maximum accessibility and small digital footprint for minimum bandwidth usage and loading times.

Download Latest Blue Grace

Features

• Modern, three columns, Photo-friendly, Widget ready, SEO friendly
  • Passes xHTML/CSS validation
  • Out of box full SEO optimization including titles and page headings
  • Easy to add Adsense
  • Optimized for speed and loading time, no javascript usage
  • Adjustable rotating images in the header
  • Gravatars support
  • Out of box Social networking buttons
  • Multi-pages widget
  • Chunk long urls in comments
  • Customized 404 page
  • Access to admin menu from home page (click on blog description)
  • Plus much more...

Few words on the theme

This is a new and fresh version of the popular Amazing Grace theme. You can read more about the history of Amazing Grace on the theme page.

Images

Images used in the themes are provided as example only and have been obtained through Internet wallpaper sites without any known copyright information. They may be copyrighted by their respectful owners.

1. Unpack this archive in your wp-content/themes/ directory.
  2. Go to Admin WordPress and select presentation.
  3. Select Blue Grace
  4. You can also use Theme Test Drive plugin to see how the theme looks with your content before going live with it

Customization

Everyone has a different taste and there are couple of easy customization changes you can do to change Amazing Grace to suit your needs.

If you did not find what you need you can check out my WordPress Forums.

Read the rest on Amazing Grace page.

• 06th October, 2008 v1.0: Initial release

License

Blue Grace theme is released under GPL License.

You may freely remove footer links if they bother you.

Services

See my WordPress Consulting Services page for more information.

1. Nov 18th, 2009 4:29 PM

Sorry,

Turns out I thought I was using "page order" numerals in the argument 'include=x,y,z'.

After reviewing my code for about the 100th time, I figured out that the numbers being referenced in this argument are actually for page "id"s and have nothing to do with page order numbers as designated in the WP UI on a "create page" segment.

Geeezzz!
    Thanks for all of your efforts though.
    Live and learn,
    by the Codex!
    Dick

2. Nov 16th, 2009 10:53 PM

Has anyone had any problems with the wp_list_pages usage in header.php with this theme in WP 2.8.6.
    When using the wp_list_pages tag along with its various parameters, I get no love.
    Often times, the pages displayed don't even correlate to what their true page order is (designated in the page order field) in those pages.
    Just checking as a WP moderator said it could be the theme and/or plugins.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can offer with this issue.
    Sincerely,
    Dick

3. Nov 12th, 2009 4:40 PM

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a video hosting solution. I built a video site, http://understandingthebible.tv, for a client and am having problems with video hosting/loading.

Any help would be appreciated. You can email me at physicianseo|at|gmail

thanks,
    Dr. L

4. Nov 12th, 2009 10:36 AM

Great work Vladimir,
    I'm using Blue grace Classic and Love the colours and layout.
    One problem the images overwrite the category. My site is : https://jayeshsagar.com/blog/
    Can you please tell me what's the problem?
    Wordpress version 2.8.5

5. Nov 10th, 2009 5:14 AM

I am thinking of switching http://billingcodingonline.com from Thesis to the blue grace. Has anyone else made the switch or have any thoughts on this.

6. Oct 27th, 2009 10:58 AM

After upgrade from WP 2.8.4 to 2.8.5 there is an SQL error message replacing the categories in the header. Switching to a different theme removes the problem but I would like to continue using the Amazing Blue Grace theme. A fix would be very welcome. Thanks!

• Oct 27th, 2009 11:27 AM

I updated line 45 in header.php and fixed the basic problem. My categories now show. They are listed alphabetically now though so I will need to find the syntax to allow them to still show, but in my preferred order as they did before. At least the links are now operational again.

Specifically, I replaced this:

with this:

Great themes Vlad, please keep them alive.

• Oct 27th, 2009 11:29 AM

Specifically, I replaced this:
        wp_list_categories('orderby=order&title_li=');
        with this:
        wp_list_categories('title_li=');

Great themes Vlad, please keep them alive.

• Oct 27th, 2009 7:25 PM

Thanks for the fix I will investigate this curious problem with 2.8.5

• Oct 27th, 2009 11:56 PM

You're welcome, thank you.

Some more details may help. I use the Bad Behavior plugin. In my initial investigation of the problem I deactivated this plugin and instead of an SQL error message I simply had a text message saying "No Categories". On reactivating the plugin I again had the error message on screen.

As there was obviously a problem with displaying the categories I simply switched the code as shown above because the I found the working code in a theme without the problem. Nothing very clever in my approach! Anyway, hopefully these extra detais will prove useful.

7. Sep 21st, 2009 5:28 PM

Any new themes on the way??? Also, thank you for the SEO tips, they are very helpful.

8. Sep 20th, 2009 6:22 PM

If you remove the line
    Template: amazinggrace
    the error ín WP 2,8 (broken template) goes away

• Sep 20th, 2009 6:28 PM

Hi Nicole,

Where are you seeing this error? I'm running the Blue Grace child template (Amazing Grace being the parent) with WP 2.8.4 and am not seeing it. Just wondering, you poked my curiosity. :)

9. Sep 15th, 2009 2:54 PM

So when can we expect the next one...... Great work, keep it up.

10. Aug 19th, 2009 4:21 AM

How can I make the title of my blog smaller? The font is too big.

11. Aug 11th, 2009 6:45 PM

I absolutely love your themes. I am planning on changing my dermatology job site to use the layout of blue grace. The amazing grace site is also so "amazing".

Thanks again for the themes,
    Andrew